Reloved Works, Our Creative Workshop Space for Hire
Are you a maker?
Do you run workshops?
Fancy running your workshops from our creative studio space here in Greater Manchester?
We want to add to our existing sell out courses here in our creative studio space, and we’re looking for creatives running the following workshops:
Flower arranging, plants, life drawing, stained glass, mosaic, macramé, jewellery making and everything in between!
could this be you?
From sewing to furniture upcycling, our friendly studio is the perfect place to host your creative workshop. We’re based at the iconic Pear Mill just outside Stockport, so it’s easy to get here from Manchester and benefits from transport links around the North. You might have spotted the studio on the telly, as our very own upholstery expert Simion Hawtin-Smith pops up on the BBC’s ‘Money For Nothing’ tv show!
About Pear Mill
Pear Mill is an Edwardian former cotton spinning mill in Bredbury, Stockport, Greater Manchester. It is now a Grade II listed building, and was one of the last cotton spinning mills to be built in England. The building sits next to the River Goyt and functioned as a textile mill from 1913 to 1978.
The building has undergone a painstaking refurbishment to bring the fantastic architecture into the modern day, with all the conveniences we need. This rich and layered history, alongside the beauty of the grand mill and the surrounding area only adds to the wow factor when you arrive at our fantastic space.
Our creative studio and workshop space is very flexible, so can cater for various group sizes dependent on the sort of workshop activity you’re looking to run.
In terms of kit, included below is a list of what we have to offer you:
- Tables and stools
- Free Wifi
- Ample free parking
- Small kitchenette
- Tea and coffee making facilities
Students are welcome to bring their own lunch, or alternatively we’re lucky enough to have the brilliant Vintage Emporium just downstairs in the Mill, where you’ll find the lovely independent ‘Vintage Tea Room’ serving delicious breakfast baps, paninis, cakes and an array of hot and cold drinks – perfect for break time (and perhaps a spot of shopping!).
We’re keen to make Reloved Works feel like home. It’s an energetic, versatile space and we love to see how different people make use of it.
Hiring the space
The space is available to hire 7 days a week between 10am and 5pm.
Our hire charges start at £50 +vat for a half day. Do get in touch to discuss your preferred dates and we will do everything we can to accommodate you. Bespoke packages are also available on request if there's something in particular you have in mind.
Advertising and promotion
What we do for you:
- We create an advert on the ‘courses’ page of our website, linking to your ticket sales platform
- We post on our social media channels (including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook)
- We’ll include your event in our monthly email newsletter
How you can promote your course:
- Photographs are the best way to sell your workshop. Aim for 4 or 5 great pictures. Think about close-up shots of the final product your students will be making, a shot of any materials / processes you may be using, photographs of hands at work are always lovely, along with finally perhaps a photo of yourself teaching or creating.
- A clear description of your workshop and breakdown of what it will entail, what materials are supplied or required, any special clothing required etc.
- Create a simple way for students to book a place on your course. We find that students prefer to book and pay for their places online. You can set this up via a listing on your own website, or you could use something like EventBrite.
- You can also look to advertise your workshop on craftcourses.com for a small fee.
- Regularly post about your workshop on social media using appropriate hashtags – talk about different aspects of the day, use different photos and ask questions to get students engaging.
Unit E10, Pear Mill, Stockport Rd West
Bredbury, Stockport, SK6 2BP
How to get here
There are good public transport links to get to Pear Mill.
As a quick guide, below are the following distances to Pear Mill:
Bredbury Train Station – 1.2 miles
Stockport Train Station – 2 miles
Manchester City Centre – 8.1 miles
Manchester Airport – 9.2 miles
There is ample free parking at Pear Mill. Once you turn off Stockport Road West, follow the road right around the building, you will reach a large car park.
Access to Reloved Works
Reloved Works can be found in Unit E10 within Pear Mill. This is on the fourth floor and is accessible by both stairs and a lift. There is also a goods lift for moving any large items up to the studio.
If you are interested in hiring the space, or have any queries at all please get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.
Tel: 0161 286 9228